Tuesday, March 11, 2014


















From top to bottom, I started by creating three curvilinear enclosed surfaces. I used the given commands in order to create the gridded outline seen in pictures 2-5. I then experimented with creating surface patterns that are pre-determined in Rhino, but I found their geometries to be somewhat boring (picture 6-9). I then began to create my own shapes and turn them into grids, and then applying them to the surfaces of these curvilinear shapes. I mainly changed the spacings between the points on the grid in order to see what the different outcomes were. Some of them turned out to be very interesting and create successful patterns, other created fragmented patterns, breaking the fluidity there was to the curves. Additionally, I noticed that the shapes I created in the 2D grids got warped when I made them into 2D surfaces and applied them to the curves. When I moved onto the 3D surfaces, I noticed that the shapes I created were less modified. However, one of the aspects I wish I had figured out how to control was the wall thickness when the 3D surface was created. I thought the patterns were much more difficult to understand and read in the 3D patterns than in the 2D patterns, however the 3D objects look more interesting and seem like they could be seen as some kind of day to day life object.

No comments:

Post a Comment