Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Through this project, I learned how to use the different command functions on Rhino, and got a good grasp on various manipulations that could be done using Illustrator. Through editing line weights (contours as well as hidden lines), my designs became more clear and consistent throughout my entire spread. Additionally, learning how to use color to further express ideas (addition and subtraction) makes the diagrams very visually appealing  and easy to read. Plans and elevations were taken from several angles, allowing for the cube to read throughout all it's facades. However, what I struggled with most was creating the void spaces. Because my cube had too many planes and cut-outs, the Boolean Difference option failed through various attempts. I resolved this by extracting the wire frame of the cube, turning the curves into surfaces, and extracting them to highlight the different voids seen in my cube design.

No comments:

Post a Comment